The copyright to all of the photos on this website always remains with the original photographer named with each photo.
Each photo is sold as a Royalty Free License. This means that once you purchase a photo, you (and only you), are granted permission to use it as art reference as many times as you like without further permission and without paying any additional fees. The license comes with a set of guidelines as to what you can and can't use the images for.
You have permission to use the downloaded photos for the purposes specified below:
- To use as reference for creating traditional artwork (drawings, paintings, pastels), scratch-boards, carvings, sculptures, cross-stitch and hand painted digital artwork.
- To offer your artwork for sale
- To produce prints/reproductions from your artwork to offer for sale
- To have your artwork printed onto merchandise/clothing/apparel and in calendars, to offer for sale
- To display your artwork in galleries/exhibitions
- To enter your artwork into competitions
- To have your artwork licensed/published
All of the above includes both personal and commercial use.
• You may not use any of the photos on this website for the following:
- To re-sell the photos either digitally/electronically or in any print form (paper, card, canvas, linen, greeting cards or merchandise/clothing/apparel)
- To share/distribute the photos or make it available for others to use or download the photos
- To create digital edits/manipulations of the photos to sell on/share/distribute electronically or in print form (on paper, card, canvas, linen, greeting cards or merchandise/clothing/apparel). Please note: Hand painted digital artwork (using the photo as a reference) is allowed, and editing/manipulating the photo in order to use as a reference is allowed.
- To print the photos onto merchandise (including clothing, apparel, gifts etc)
- To use the photos on websites or blogs
- To use the photos in magazines or books
- To use the photos for advertising
Information for Tutors/Teachers
If you would like to download a photo and use it as part of a tutoring lesson/course, in which your students use the photo too, please get in touch with us. You will need to purchase a Tutoring Licence which will allow all of your students to use the photo for a fair price. You would download the photo as normal, then get in touch with us to let us know how many students will be using the photo, we will then send you an invoice for the additional Tutoring Licence fee for that photo. The cost of this licence for one photo is $1 per student. If you don't know how many students will be using the photo beforehand, you can get in touch afterwards.
Please note: Your students may only use the reference photo/s as part of the lesson/workshop, and may not sell their resulting artwork (hence the reduced fee for use of the photo). If they would like to sell their artwork/sell prints etc, they would need to purchase the photo themselves so that they are covered by our standard Royalty Free license.
If you are using a photo for a tutorial video, and not sharing the photo for others to use, there's no need to purchase an additional licence. If any of your fans/followers would like to use the same image, they would need to download the photo themselves.
If you're unsure as to the usage of the photos, please do get in touch with us and we'll be happy to advise you.
This website offers high resolution photo downloads for artists to use a reference for their artwork. When you submit your photos to this website, it is understood that you give your permission for your photos (if accepted) to be downloaded/purchased by artists to use as reference for their artwork. You, as the original photographer, always retains the copyright to your photos. You must only submit photos which you have taken, for which you own the copyright for, and not photos taken by anyone else. Before submitting any photos, please read our guidelines here: Information for Contributors.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.